Make Your Dream Smile a Reality in Manhattan’s Upper West Side
When your smile has been so damaged that you feel distraught about the health or appearance of your smile, it’s time to consider advanced restorative dentistry with Dr. Marc J. Beshar in Midtown. These treatments can fix the appearance and feel of your teeth, protecting them and restoring form and function as well.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry refers to procedures and treatments that are dedicated to bringing a damaged smile back to proper shape and good health. Restoring the functionality of a smile not only improves the esthetics, but can also improve a patient’s oral health by filling in cavities, restoring broken teeth, teeth alignment, and more. At our office, conveniently located near Lincoln Center and Columbus Circle, we can also replace missing teeth, no matter how many you’ve lost. Take a look at the treatments that are included in an advanced restorative dentistry plan.
- Fillings: When a cavity has deteriorated the surface of a tooth, a tooth-colored filling can be applied to keep the cavity from progressing and be nearly invisible to the naked eye.
- Root Canal Treatment: If a cavity has worsened to the point that it’s damaged the pulp of your tooth, a root canal removes the pulp and seals the tooth with a filling in order to save the tooth itself.
- Crowns: If a tooth has recently undergone a root canal, or the tooth has been damaged from blunt impact or disease, a crown can be placed over the damaged tooth, and be molded in the same shape and size as the original tooth.
- Bridges: A bridge is two or more crowns that are created from the single block of ceramic, and covers a space where one or more teeth are missing. It’s secured by placement on the adjacent teeth on either side of the gap.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are complete, artificial teeth that can be placed directly into the jawbone, effectively replacing lost teeth. They’re made from titanium and a porcelain crown, materials that are biocompatible with human tissues.
- Dentures: Dentures, full or partial, are reserved for those with two or more missing teeth, and want to restore their complete smile quickly. Easy to clean and maintain, dentures can be molded to fit the patient’s smile and restore shape and function for their smile.
- Periodontal Treatment: Gum disease can lead to some dramatic consequences, such as reddened, bleeding gums, loose teeth, pain and sensitivity, or in extreme cases tooth loss.
- Invisalign: Are your teeth misaligned and you’re unhappy with the feel or appearance of your smile? Instead of resorting to traditional metal braces, consider Invisalign as your teeth correction of choice.
- TMJ/TMD Treatment: Temporomandibular joint disorder is when the joint that connects your jawbone to your skull becomes inflamed. Many patients live for years with this condition, due to jaw or teeth misalignment most often. Dr. Beshar can help relieve your pain and explore options to correct your smile so that the pain is reduced or eradicated.
Take a Look at a Real Case
Dr. Beshar recently treated a 65-year-old female patient who had bite problems. As a result, she felt discomfort in her masticatory muscles, joints, and improper bites. In her words, she felt her teeth “disintegrating, wearing down, and chipping.” Due to negative experiences with past dental work, she was skeptical of receiving more treatment from Dr. Beshar.
In the end, a full restorative dentistry plan was the key to her refreshed smile. The patient’s request was that with whatever work that needed to be done, she wanted to live the rest of her life with a complete smile and minimal dentistry. She also wanted to be able to trust that the work would be done correctly the first time.
Contact Us About Your Advanced Restorative Dentistry Needs
Rest assured that you don’t need to live with a damaged or unappealing smile, and that treatments are available to give you your dream smile. Don’t hesitate to contact us today and learn about which treatments you can qualify for with Dr. Marc J. Beshar. We can’t wait to help bring your dream smile into reality.
Looking to Restore Your Smile?